Saturday, June 23, 2007

Would you believe...?

I'm not sure how any of you feel about astrology (I'm not sure how I feel about it either), but right now Mercury is retrograde. Astronomically, this means that the planet seems to be moving in a reverse course in space, due to our relative perspective. This happens three times a year for a few weeks at a time because Mercury rotates around the sun three times as fast as the Earth. Astrologically, during this time, electronics go wacky, communication is often misunderstood, or things get lost in the mail, so to speak. Forward progress is supposedly much more challenging. It's a good time for introspection and not to expect things to go as planned or to be understood.

Well, I've been feeling like I've been swimming upstream ever since I got to Japan. Housing, job, Aikido (lack thereof), money (lack thereof!)...all of them have been serious challenges for me. Well Mercury went retrograde last week, and because I hadn't gotten communication from my office about my shift change or transfer to Kyoto, I thought I'd check it out. Apparently, it had gotten lost in the shuffle, and if I hadn't checked, nothing would be happening.

So yesterday I signed a new contract, meaning I work a few hours less a week, including one less graveyard shift. I also was given a form, confirming my transfer in September so I can eliminate my commute and begin Aikido. Of course, in order to go to my brother's wedding in August, I'm working six days a week for six weeks to get the time off, so I'm actually working more, not less, over the next couple of months. But it will be worth it to get to be present at a monumental occasion for my brother.

Point being, things finally feel like they're moving forward. I can now see a time when I will no longer be working graveyard, no longer be commuting 15 hours a week, and will be able to start Aikido and settle into a routine! Whoo hoo! I feel like I'm finally arriving.

So if things are moving forward when they're supposed to be stopped or backward, does that mean I am experiencing a Mercury retro-retrograde?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home