Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Great Randini


It was wonderful to have Randy visit, even if it felt so short. He is such a supportive person with a willingness to grow like no other. His sense of humor helps keep me from getting too serious, and knowing he is out there somewhere makes me feel a bit more at peace somehow. His impact on me is nothing short of magical.

Not only did he take time off work to come to a country he wasn't particularly interested in, but he lugged a whole extra suitcase full of things for me from the States and then was left all alone for two nights while I worked. One night he even bravely met a large group of people I work with all at once who had been hearing about him for weeks, all to go to karaoke, something Randy doesn't really enjoy.

I am again grateful for how willing he is to do "what it takes" in a relationship, even if I test those limits.

I have attached a link to pictures from his visit (except for our trip to Hiroshima...for that, see the posting below entitled the same). These photos include: our trip up to Monkey Mountain, the bamboo forest, a place where you can pay to pet puppies, karaoke, a ride on one of the world's largest ferris wheels, Kiyomizu (one of the most famous sites in Japan, nominated to be one of the New Seven Wonders of the World), some Geisha, and Randy "whisking" some green tea in a Japanese tea house. The last picture is a panoramic view of Kyoto from the top of Monkey Mountain. As usual, you can click on the photos to make them larger.

To see the photos, click HERE.

Finally, Randy went for his first practice run today, as he just decided to run in the AIDS Marathon in Hawai'i this year. He never ceases to stop challenging himself, amazing me at the same time. (If you'd like to donate to his run, every little bit counts, even a few bucks. Please leave a comment on this posting, and I'll put you in touch with him)

All I can say is Gambatte, Randy! (see posting below)

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy Matthews said...

i love Spencer with all my heart and everyhing that i am.

June 10, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home