Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Where's a Sledgehammer when you need one?

After a day of rough financial news yesterday (my root canal is going to potentially cost me $600 I don't currently have for something like that) and knowing I am starting a new job tomorrow, I was excited at the prospect of getting a full night's sleep. I had the potential of up to eight hours before getting up for my skype appointment with Randy.

I had some nightmares but was able to go back to sleep with a slightly cooler day for once. (it's only 79 degrees Fahrenheit so far this morning and only forecasted to be 91 today...whoo hoo!)

After only 6 & 1/2 hours, I was woken up by someone else's alarm clock.

Beeep
Beeep
Beeep
Bedebedebedebedebedebedebedebedebede

Beeep
Beeep
Beeep
Bedebedebedebedebedebedebedebedebede

Then they turned it off. But I knew it was too good to be true. This happened a couple weeks ago too. In about 5 minutes, it started again:

Beeep
Beeep
Beeep
Bedebedebedebedebedebedebedebedebede

This is when I got frustrated. I got on clothes and went up three flights of stairs, listening for the sound, knocked on their door and ran away. I didn't want to have to confront them directly. What would I say? Most likely, they are Japanese, and I have no idea what words to use for "alarm", "noise", "turn off", or "I'm trying to get a full night's sleep you inconsiderate jerk."

I wasn't awake enough to sift through my dictionary either. English is hard enough for me when I first wake up, let alone Japanese!

They know their alarm is disturbing to others. Why? Because this isn't the first time I've had to go knock on their door. This really set me off today, and here I am with less sleep than I wanted (it was supposed to be my catch-up day and get ready for tomorrow since I only have 8 hours from the moment I get home tonight from my last shift in Osaka until I have to LEAVE in the morning for my first training shift in downtown Kyoto...farther away than my actual branch)

Okay, I just needed to vent my frustration.

Both days I knocked on the door, they turned the alarm off...I thought. The alarm is going off again. I'm going back up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home