Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Collon

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't really been sharing my daily experience, and really only talking about the major events, both in my life and in Japan. Well I didn't really think that many of you would be interested to hear me gripe repeatedly about how long my commute is. Or how little time I have to myself. Or the fact that it's so hot here that my saran wrap isn't just stuck together, it has actually MELTED into one blob, and the top of the refrigerator has to be cleaned repeatedly to prevent mold from growing out of the condensation collecting there due to the disparity in temperature between the air and the fridge itself.

But as my friend Emily's blog reminded me, one of the lighter more fun parts of my daily life is how clueless Japanese ads and product names are. They don't translate well at all sometimes. Randy and I went to the top of Mount Misen on Miyajima and found a sign that described an opening in the rock as "a hole to the extent that a fist enters." Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Then the other day in the grocery store, I was looking through the sweets aisle for something new to try and decided to buy these. And yes...according to the Japanese writing, it's pronounced "colon."

p.s.-In case you're wondering, my Cream Collon was delicious!

2 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

Shirtless photo... saucy!

July 29, 2007 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmm.... i used to eat cream collon when i was little.
;P

August 1, 2007 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home