Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Exhausted (already!)

I just worked my 7th day in a row, and I will continue on for the next 12, totaling 19 in a row without a day off. I am covering shifts in advance in order to get time off for my brother's wedding next month. In the last 24 hours, I worked two jobs, but I had a 10 & 1/2 hour break in between so I thought I'd do something nice for myself. That proved to be difficult.

I got off work at 7:30am and then had to kill time until my Japanese class at 10am. I have plenty of errands to run, but nothing was open at that time. After class I went to see Zodiac at the theaters, and the only time it was showing resulted in me waiting for 2 hours for it to start. That delay meant that I wasn't going to have time to call Randy in between jobs. Due to working overtime and Randy visiting his family in Oregon, our schedules haven't lined up, and I haven't talked to him in almost three days now.

The movie was good, but I had to literally run from the theater to the subway to get to the train to get to my bicycle to get to my next job on time (I arrived with one minute to spare). It seems ironic to me that relaxing was such a rush and hassle. I've now been awake for 27 hours and have to wait another one to be able to talk to Randy for a measly 15 minutes before he starts work.

This is definitely not what I had in mind when I came here.

It was just a frustrating day. Things are good in general, and I know that after more sleep, my mood will improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home