Saturday, December 22, 2007

Deck the Halls

Well I just got an e-mail from the company that took over for my old English school. They were chosen as the new sponsor for the company because they promised to rehire all old employees who wanted work. They had offered to hire me on January 10th and renew my work visa (just in the nick of time...it expires on Jan. 24th).

They were writing today to inform me that due to business restrictions, they will not be able to hire me as many teachers as promised, including me. This is the fifth time they have gone back on their word. I honestly don't want to work for them anyway, in that case.

And I thought the last few months were stressful... NOW I'm stressed! I don't know if I will be able to stay in Japan for more than the next 30 days or so. This is so frustrating and exhausting.

Merry Christmas, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Grr! Argh!

This is so frustrating. I wish I could be there to kick some ass on your behalf.

First of all, you have been so patient with them and they should be giving you a *bonus* for all your troubles.

Secondly, they are clearly completely screwing themselves because you are one of their best teachers and if they are trying to get the company back in good graces they should hold onto the best teachers.

What jerk-offs.

I spit in their general direction.

December 23, 2007 at 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home