Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sayonara Bec & Dave!


There were many casualties of Nova's collapse (the school I worked for). One of the saddest to me is that many of my friends couldn't afford to stay here any more. I luckily got through it by the skin of my teeth due to unemployment and Randy's generosity.

Two of my friends from Australia, Bec and Dave, were the most recent to leave. They had planned on moving to Thailand for a while anyway, and after things got messy here, they figured they might as well go earlier than planned.

They were the type of people that I instantly gravitated toward and know that we will stay in touch for years to come (but not in that cheesy "best friends forever" way!). We had an authentic connection, able to talk about life, philosophy, music, movies, relationships, or just sit and not have to talk. We had many late nights, fun experiences, and moments of clarity.


I miss them. I will see them when I go to Thailand, hopefully they will visit the U.S., and eventually I will see them in Australia.


Here are some photos of their farewell karaoke night (that Dave was unfortunately sick and mostly absent for), as well as a shot of two Geishas I happened to see the next day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

aww. I'll miss bec and dave!

March 14, 2008 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home